KA+FM002 Flow Over Notches Apparatus
• Recirculating design with supply tank & measuring tank.
• Non corrosive tanks & piping.
· Notch Apparatus is designed for study of flow measurement in open channels using notches & calibration of notches. The set-up consists of a Open Flow Channel, rectangular in cross section. Water enters from one end of the channel & at the other end a notch is fitted. The water flows over the noth section & drains into measuring tank. A hook gauge is provided to measure the level of water over the notch Water is supplied from the sump tank by centrifugal pump & measuring tank is provided to measure the water flow rate. The entire setup is mounted on a strong steel frame. By comparing the theoretical & measured flow rate, the discharge coefficient for notch can be determined.
· Determination of coefficient of discharge for different notches.
· Compare relationships between head and flow for various types of notches
· Notch Apparatus is Pump: Self priming, Monoblock Centrifugal Pump, Max. Flow 30 LPM, Max. Head 20 m, 230 V AC
· Flow Channel: Made in FRP / M. S. channel lined with FRP, Size in mm 700 (L) x 250 (W) x 250 (H)
· Sump Tank: 100 Litters, made in PVC
· Measuring Tank: 32 Litters, Made in PVC, with level indicator
· Set of Notches: Rectangular Notch, Triangular Notch
· Hook / Pointer gauge
· Piping: PVC Piping with valves
· Digital Stop Watch
· Frame: Made of M.S. Square Tubes & Sheets, Welded & Powder coated