|Home||» Products||» Fluid Mechanics||» Losses in Pipe Fitting Apparatus|
Losses in Pipe Fitting Apparatus
KA+FM 005 Losses in Pipe Fitting Apparatus
Apparatus for determining Major Losses and Minor Losses in pipes
· Test rig consists of a battery of 12.5mm pipes of stainless steel, aluminium and copper of length over 100 times the diameter with pressure tappings at either ends to measure the losses due to pipe friction - major losses. To measure the minor losses, a 15mm(1/2") GI pipe is fitted with a bend, an elbow, a sudden enlargement and a sudden contraction. Suitable flow control valves are provided in all the pipe lines.
· Each test pipe and pipe fitting is provided with pressure tappings to measure the pressure loss. A differential manometer (without mercury) is provided to measure this pressure loss. The pressure tappings are connected separately to a manifold which in turn is connected to the manometer for easy change over. A strong iron stand is provided for supporting the pipe lines. A stop watch and an M.S. collecting tank of size 90 litters. With a gauge glass scale fitting, a drain valve and a bend are provided to measure the actual flow rate.
· A 220 volt AC, 0.5 HP, single phase monoblock ISI pump set with suitable pipe fittings, strainer foot valve, and switch is provided to supply water to the test rig.
· A sump tank of size 200 litters with suitable drain is provided to store the water. A strong iron stand fitted with wheels supports the complete test rig. The unit is moveable.
· All tanks are provided with FRP lining for total rust protection